Today 16th January 2021 is a historical day as India is going to start mass vaccination drive to defeat the covid19 pandamic that had gripped the whole world since last year March.
The government has estimated that 30 crore people – including frontline and healthcare workers – will be vaccinated in the next three-four months.
But there are many questions in general people mind which needs answers and all such questions with answers are as follows –
1)Which vaccine is approved in India?
Ans: Government had approved two vaccine for immediate use one is covishield developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca and manufactured here in India by serum institute.The other one is covaxin developed and manufactured both indigenously by an Indian company BHARAT BIOTEC.
2) Who are not eligible for covid19 vaccination.
Ans: pregnant or lactating women’s,all citizens below 18, those having allergic reaction to any vaccine.
3)what General in instructions is given from Central govt to states on vaccination drive?
Ans: I)Vaccine is not interchangeable that means if one gets first dose of covishield the the next scheduled dose must be covishield this is applicable for both brands. II) People with bleeding disorder, platelets disorder,clotting factor deficiency & coagulation disorder must be vaccinated cautiously with thorough checkup. III) Vaccine must be stored properly before use.It must be kept in +2degree to +8 degree Celsius away from light and if found frozen it should be immediately discarded.
4) what are the side effects of covishield vaccine? Ans:
- site tenderness; injection site pain; headache; fatigue; myalgia (muscle pain); discomfort; pyrexia (an abnormal elevation of body temperature); chills; and nausea.
- In such cases, a paracetamol can be given, the advisory adds.
- It also says “very rare events of demyelinating disorders” have been reported following vaccination with Covishield, “without the causal relationship establishment.”
5)what are the side effects of caovaxin? Ans: According to Government drug regulators there are certain common side effects.
- Injection site pain
- Body ache
- Abdominal pain
6) what one should do if he shows any of the above mentioned symptoms?
Ans: If one shows any of above mentioned symptoms then he should immediately get medical assistance & should contact covid 19 helpline i.e 1075.